Ready to book your stay or
have other questions?
Use the form below to email us if have any questions or want to plan a custom surf trip and we will get right back to you. Alternatively, you can call us anytime at:
- What is your cancelation policy?
If you need to cancel more than 7 days prior to arrival, there is no penalty.
If you cancel between 6 days and 3 days before arrival, we keep the 25% deposit that is taken when making the reservation, but you get that back in a voucher to be used towards a future reservation within 6 months of cancelation.
If you cancel within 2 days of your arrival date, you are responsible for 100% of what the room rate would have been for your reservation.
- Do you allow pets?
- Yes, we do allow dogs, with an additional $50 fee per reservation
- Are you close to the beach?
- We are located one block from Beacons Beach, which is a great family friendly beach with nice beginner to intermediate waves!
- What is self check-in?
- Upon booking, you will receive access instructions for keyless entry via the keypad on your room door. This means you can check in at your own convenience with your personal access code. Surfhouse does not have an on-site office, but we are always reachable by call or text throughout your stay.
- Being located on the 101, is traffic noise an issue?
- Throughout Encinitas, the Historic Highway 101 runs through a business corridor, where the speed limit is always 30 mph and as such, traffic noise is minimal. The 101 does run parallel to train tracks in Encinitas. Due to this, there are occasional train horns throughout the day and night. In Encinitas, if you can’t hear the train, you can’t walk to the beach!
- Are you located in Leucadia or Encinitas?
- Both! Leucadia is a neighborhood which is part of the City of Encinitas.
- Can we fit 3 people in a queen room?
- We do have an air mattress or sleeping pad that we can set up in the room for you should you need room for a 3rd person. This does need prior approval based on which room you are assigned to, and is an additional $30 per reservation charge to have it set up.
- Do you allow kids at your property?
- Yes of course! We love to host everyone at Surfhouse! One guest in the reservation does need to be over the age of 18.
- What is the closest airport to Surfhouse?
- San Diego Airport (SAN) is the best airport to fly into. It is about a 45 min drive from the airport to Surfhouse.
- Do we need a rental car while staying at Surfhouse?
- We do have 4 complimentary beach cruisers for Surfhouse guests, and we believe almost everything you need is a walk or a bike ride away! But if you are looking to explore more of San Diego, it is easier to either have a rental car, or ride-share around town, than to rely on public transit.